As of 2011, Red Cedar Review only accepts art or literary submissions from undergraduate students currently enrolled in the United States. We do not accept submissions from non-students or alumni, and submissions from Michigan State University students are limited to contests. All art or literature submitted for publication in Red Cedar Review must be original work not previously published.
We welcome submissions by UNDERGRADUATES of:
Art: photography and electronic images of original paintings, drawings, sketches, sculpture, collages, textiles, woodcuts, prints, comics, cartoons, etc.
Literature: poetry, short fiction, creative nonfiction, storyboards, comic/graphic narratives, flash fiction, plays, cross-genre innovations, etc.
- All art submissions must be a photograph, photocopy, or other copy reproduction of the piece. No submissions will be returned, so please do not send artwork originals.
- All submissions must be typed.
- Prose submissions must be double-spaced.
- 20-page limit for all genres
- Limit poetry to 3-5 poems total.
- All manuscripts and artwork must be submitted by October 1, 2017. Submissions received after this time period will not be reviewed or returned.
- We only accept electronic submissions at this time. Submit your work on our submittable page here
- Please include a cover letter with your name, address, email, phone number, school, program and expected graduation date, and the title of each piece. Please title each piece individually as well.
- Simultaneous submissions are encouraged; please notify us immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.